Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What are the pros/cons of pop3 email over standard isp account?

Many ISP's use POP3 as their standard e-mail account platform, though most offer web based e-mail services.





The web based e-mail (e.g. Yahoo! e-mail) service's.





Pro: is that you can access it from any computer as long as you know your login and password.





Con: You can't read or reply to e-mail off line.





POP3 accounts are just the opposite Pro/Con of web based e-mail.





Pro: You can download your e-mail onto your computer and read %26amp; reply to e-mail offline.





Con: Takes up hard drive space, can be a pathway of introducing viruses into your computer. You can't access it from various computers.





I like my DSL provider because I can access my e-mail both via the web and/or I can download it via POP3 using my Thunderbird program. I will say I mainly rely on my POP3....

What are the pros/cons of pop3 email over standard isp account?
A "standard ISP account" - unless you're talking about AOL - *is* a POP3 mail account. POP3 (which stands for Post Office Protocol) is the most common mail delivery system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

pop3 email Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting