Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to fix email pop3?

email pop3 server is always submitting error messages.

How to fix email pop3?
Not enough information in your question/details. What is the exact error message?





Whatever it is, here's some issue...





Fix For Gmail Pop3 Setup:


I recently setup a Gmail account via pop3, and I had an issue with it not being able to download my messages on multiple computers. The reason I choose to use Pop3 and not Imap, was for one simple reason.,I own two laptops and several times I am working on my computer and I am unable to connect to the internet but I still want to go through my downloaded emails and replyto them, and when I get connected to internet, all my emails go out then.





The problem that I had was, my emails were not downloading. Once my email program checked Gmail for the latest emails, no other computers were able to retrieve the email. I found a fix for this while surfing around the internet, so I decided to post the fix here for anyone else that might have the problem.





To fix it, all you need to do is add recent: in front of your username. Make sure to put the colon at the end of recent.


Example - recent:email@gmail.com


It tells Gmail to resend your latest email to you. One downside of using this, is that when you send a message you will get a duplicate sent emails. So if this really bothers you, you can just make a email rule and have it delete any of these duplicate sent messages.





Other POP3:


Call your ISP, ask them how to access their mail server, if possible.


If you can gain access to their server, delete the message that is giving you problems.





You can also use telnet to delete the emails


Go to start, run, and type


telnet


click ok


type in


open "your pop server" 110


for example, open mail.pop.yahoo.com 110


press enter and type in


user "your username"


press enter and type


pass "your password"


press enter and type


list


press enter and you should see a list of the emails and their sizes, find the large one which is causing the problems, and type


delete "the number of the large email"


press enter





Others:


The error message you are receiving can also be caused by a corrupt email, you will need to do the same thing to fix it, but you won't know which one is the problem one, its best to look at which email the receiving fails on.





It can also be a problem with your antivirus, try disabling it to test








Good luck!!!
Reply:are you using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook? what is your default mail server? fixing a problem will depend on the domain of the mail server you are using.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

pop3 email Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting